BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG PAGES IN THE WHITE LINKS ABOVE!!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Results of the John C Campbell class

Here are the pictures of the finished side that I made at John C Campbell this past week.

It was a lot of work, a lot of fun, I learned a lot, and I got a lot more done than I expected to.


This pictures shows a mortise and tenon joint, square slit and drift hole, and a riveted lap joint.

Close up of a riveted lap joint. (I did eight of these.)

Close up of a mortise and tenon joint. (I did eight of these as well.)

Close up of a collar joint. (I did three of these in the class and there are a total of six in the project.)

Here is the collar around the flower stems and heart.

Here is the double rivet joint where the heart is attached to the center "X" shape. The original design incorporated forge welding here, however, I decided to alter it to riveting as in this application that was the better joint.

And here are the daffodils.





Yesterday I made a pair of "pick-up" tongs for a job of repeat work I need to start on.

1 comment:

amateur blacksmith said...

That all looks very good, I wish I was at that kind of leval in my work. I would be but I don't have the time or the materal.