BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG PAGES IN THE WHITE LINKS ABOVE!!!


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

new power hammer dies

I made some new dies for my tire hammer. They are specifically made for manufacturing a certain type of tool. The dies need some minor tweaking, but they turned out very nice.




I have been working for the last two days to creat a stand to hold one of our 275 gallon water tanks. In case you are wondering, that's around 2400 pounds that this stand will need to support. The stand is six-feet tall, six-feet long, and four-feet wide. The top has a two-foot cat walk for checking the tank. The stand is built from very heavy angle iron. I built the stand so that it could be taken apart into pieces small enough to be moved by hand. It needs one or two more braces installed, then all of the oil and dust will be removed and several coats of paint applied.

Here are some pictures of me cutting the grating for the top. I had to do this outside, because the grating is galvanized. When galvanized material is heated it gives off a lethal fume, so any work you do with galvinzed material has to be done outside, for ventalation.

Here is the entire stand.....wedged into my shop.


The end!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I saw "New Power hammer Dies" and I though, "That's sad. He hasn't had it for too long, has he?"