BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG PAGES IN THE WHITE LINKS ABOVE!!!


Friday, April 13, 2012

Forging in 2012

I've mentioned the upcoming craft season and being busy because of it. Right now, I've got quite a few items to make to be ready for the upcoming craft show in Northeast Georgia. We leave for that show in a week. In addition to getting ready for the show, I've got some custom work to finish up, and some kinks to work out in our booth display / my demo set up. Plenty to do!

I haven't done any shop photos lately because I've been working like mad and haven't had time to stop for photos. I got one of my brothers to snap a few pics this evening and thought I'd share. I'm hoping to get some videos up soon, but no promises.















I just remembered, going through my pictures, that I have not blogged about holding my first class here. I was contacted by a local blacksmith that was wanting to learn a bit more about smithing. He came over a week ago and spent four hours in the shop. The main thing we made was a proper hot cut hardy tool for his anvil.

Explaining what "forging" really is!

Now forging!



Here is the hardy tool we made.



And lastly, here is a picture I took this evening of my newly polished anvil, crowned with the 4.5-pound Brian Brazeal forging hammer I made with Brian a few weeks ago.










No comments: